Research shows that if a person is using drugs or alcohol, their condition impacts everyone around them. Unfortunately, in most cases, the people that your addiction most affects are your family members. As a result, family therapy is a critical component of the recovery process at Red Oak Recovery. This treatment option allows you to develop and maintain a functional and healthy relationship with your loved ones despite the damage addiction has caused. If you’re looking for addiction treatment programs near Chapel Hill, NC that incorporate family counseling, our services can help. Please contact Red Oak Recovery today at 866.457.7590 to learn more about our men’s addiction treatment center.
The Importance of Finding Family Counseling Near Me
Experts on alcohol and drug addiction often call substance use a family disease because it impacts each family member. It can cause a range of problems, including:
- Disrupting routines
- Increasing stress
- Creating frightening or unsettling experiences
- Leading to financial or legal difficulties
In many cases, the person’s addiction leads to the family becoming dysfunctional as the members use destructive and enabling behaviors to cope with their loved one’s behaviors. For instance, it can interrupt your children’s healthy growth, leading to a heightened risk of emotional, physical, and mental health issues. As a result, many children struggle in school and may skip class, develop learning impediments, and get expelled. It also heightens the risk that they will become addicted to substances.
If you’re struggling with an addiction, it is often a good idea to seek family counseling services as part of your treatment. These services can improve the relationships you have with your family and help the family heal from substance use. Additionally, you can significantly improve the family dynamic and create healthy coping mechanisms to overcome the unhealthy strategies your family used in the past.
Benefits of a Family Therapy Program
At our addiction treatment programs near Chapel Hill, we recognize the importance of a family counseling program. We know that research shows that family therapy can significantly improve your addiction recovery and the relationship you have with your family members. It also offers a range of additional benefits, including:
- Family therapy allows you to stay engaged and motivated during the treatment process.
- You’re able to learn more about your addiction and its effect on your loved ones.
- Family members can voice their feelings and concerns about their loved one’s substance use.
- You gain a solid and reliable support network you can utilize outside of the treatment program.
- You’re able to ease the anger, stress, confusion, and fear of yourself and your loved ones.
- Your family members can develop skills that help you stay on the path to recovery outside of treatment.
- Your family can improve their communication skills and address any other issues that can hamper the family’s healing.
At the end of the day, we want to ensure that you’re able to stay sober for longer while improving the relationships you need during the recovery process. Family counseling is a vital part of this process.
Get Support at Red Oak Recovery
At Red Oak Recovery, we’ve designed our men’s addiction treatment programs to ensure a lasting recovery for you and your loved ones. We offer a range of treatment options that we can tailor to each man’s unique challenges. For instance, our treatment programs include:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Prescription drug addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
You and your family don’t have to suffer from addiction any longer. Please contact Red Oak Recovery by calling 866.457.7590 or using our convenient online form to learn how our family counseling programs can support your recovery.